修昔底德俱乐部吧 关注:52贴子:1,428
  • 9回复贴,共1

白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗

只看楼主收藏回复

伊丽莎白·芭蕾特·布朗宁,又称勃朗宁夫人或白朗宁夫人,是英国维多利亚时代最受人尊敬的诗人之一。生于1806年3月6日。十五岁时,不幸骑马跌损了脊椎。从此,下肢瘫痪达24年。在她39岁那年,结识了小她6岁的诗人罗伯特·勃朗宁,她那充满着哀怨的生命从此打开了新的一章。她的作品涉及广泛的议题和思想,对艾米丽·狄金森,艾伦·坡等人都有影响。


1楼2015-07-20 19:53回复
    白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第一首
    我想起,当年希腊的诗人曾经歌咏:
    I thought once how Theocritus had sung
    年复一年,那良辰在殷切的盼望中
    Of the sweet years, the dear and wished-for years,
    翩然降临,各自带一份礼物
    Who each one in a gracious hand appears
    分送给世人--年老或是年少。
    To bear a gift for mortals, old or young:
    当我这么想,感叹着诗人的古调,
    And, as I mused it in his antique tongue,
    穿过我泪眼所逐渐展开的幻觉,
    I saw, in gradual vision through my tears,
    我看见,那欢乐的岁月、哀伤的岁月--
    The sweet, sad years, the melancholy years,
    我自己的年华,把一片片黑影接连着
    Those of my own life, who by turns had flung
    掠过我的身。紧接着,我就觉察
    A shadow across me. Straightway I was *ware,
    (我哭了)我背后正有个神秘的黑影
    So weeping, how a mystic Shape did move
    在移动,而且一把揪住了我的发,
    Behind me, and drew me backward by the hair;
    往后拉,还有一声吆喝(我只是在挣扎):
    And a voice said in mastery, while I strove, --
    “这回是谁逮住了你?猜!”“死,”我答话。
    `Guess now who holds thee?* -- `Death.* I said. But, there
    听哪,那银铃似的回音:“不是死,是爱!”
    The silver answer rang, -- `Not Death, but love.*


    2楼2015-07-20 19:55
    回复
      白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三首
      我们原不一样,尊贵的人儿呀,
      Unlike are we, unlike, O princely Heart!
      原不一样是我们的职司和前程。
      Unlike our uses and our destinies.
      你我头上的天使,迎面飞来,
      Our ministering two angels look surprise
      翅膀碰上了翅膀,彼此瞪着
      On one another, as they strike athwart
      惊愕的眼睛。你想,你是华宫里
      Their wings in passing. Thou, bethink thee, art
      后妃的上宾,千百双殷勤的明眸
      A guest for queens to social pageantries,
      (哪怕挂满了泪珠,也不能教我的眼
      With gages from a hundred brighter eyes
      有这份光彩)请求你担任领唱。
      Than tears even can make mine, to play thy part
      那你干什么从那灯光辉映的纱窗里
      Of chief musician. What hast _thou_ to do
      望向我?--我,一个凄凉、流浪的
      With looking from the lattice-lights at me,
      歌手,疲乏地靠着柏树,吟叹在
      A poor, tired, wandering singer, ... singing through
      茫茫的黑暗里。圣油搽在你头上--
      The dark, and leaning up a cypress tree?
      可怜我,头上承受着凉透的夜露。
      The chrism is on thine head, -- on mine, the dew, --
      只有死,才能把这样的一对扯个平。
      And Death must dig the level where these agree.


      4楼2015-07-20 19:55
      回复
        白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第四首
        Thou hast thy calling to some palace-floor,
        你曾经受到邀请,进入了宫廷,
        Most gracious singer of the high poems! where
         温雅的歌手!你唱着崇高的诗篇;
        The dancers will break footing, from the care
         贵客们停下舞步,为了好瞻仰你,
        Of watching up thy pregnant lips for more.
        期待那丰满的朱唇再吐出清音;
        And dost thou lift this house*s latch too poor
        而你却抽起我的门闩,你果真
        For hand of thine? and canst thou think and bear
         不嫌它亵渎了你的手?没谁看见,
        To let thy music drop here unaware
         你甘让你那音乐飘落在我门前,
        In folds of golden fulness at my door?
        叠作层层金声的富丽?你忍不忍?
        Look up and see the casement broken in,
        你往上瞧,看这窗户都被闯破--
        The bats and owlets builders in the roof!
         是蝙蝠和夜莺的窠巢盘踞在顶梁,
        My cricket chirps against thy mandolin.
        是啾啾的蟋蟀在跟你的琵琶应和!
        Hush, call no echo up in further proof
         住声,别再激起回声来加深荒凉!
        Of desolation! there*s a voice within
        那里边有一个哀音,它必须深躲,
        That weeps ... as thou must sing ... alone, aloof.
         在暗里哭泣--正象你应该当众歌唱。


        5楼2015-07-20 19:56
        回复
          白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第五首
          我肃穆地端起了我沉重的心,
          I lift my heavy heart up solemnly,
          象当年希腊女儿捧着那坛尸灰;
          As once Electra her sepulchral urn,
          眼望着你,我把灰撒在你脚下。
          And, looking in thine eyes, I overturn
          请看呀,有多大一堆悲哀埋藏在
          The ashes at thy feet. Behold and see
          我这心坎里;而在那灰暗的深处,
          What a great heap of grief lay hid [1] in me,
          那惨红的灰烬又怎样在隐约燃烧。
          And how the red wild sparkles dimly burn
          要是那点点火星给你鄙夷地
          Through the ashen greyness. If thy foot in scorn
          一脚踏灭、还它们一片黑暗,
          Could tread them out to darkness utterly,
          这样也好。可是,你偏不,
          It might be well perhaps. But if instead
          你要守在我身旁,等风来把尘土
          Thou wait beside me for the wind to blow
          扬起,把死灰吹活;爱呀,那戴在
          The grey dust up, ... those laurels on thine head,
          你头上的桂冠可不能给你做屏障,
          O my Beloved, will not shield thee so,
          保护你不让这一片火焰烧坏了
          That none of all the fires shall scorch and shred
          那底下的发丝。快站远些呀,快走!
          The hair beneath. Stand further off then! go.


          6楼2015-07-20 19:56
          回复
            白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第六首
            Go from me. Yet I feel that I shall stand
            舍下我,走吧。可是我觉得,从此
            Henceforward in thy shadow. Nevermore
            我就一直徘徊在你的身影里。
            Alone upon the threshold of my door
            在那孤独的生命的边缘,从今再不能
            Of individual life, I shall command
            掌握自己的心灵,或是坦然地
            The uses of my soul, nor lift my hand
            把这手伸向日光,象从前那样,
            Serenely in the sunshine as before,
            而能约束自己不感到你的指尖
            Without the sense of that which I forbore --
            碰上我的掌心。劫运教天悬地殊
            Thy touch upon the palm. The widest land
            隔离了我们,却留下了你那颗心,
            Doom takes to part us, leaves thy heart in mine
            在我的心房里搏动着双重声响。
            With pulses that beat double. What I do
            正象是酒,总尝得出原来的葡萄,
            And what I dream include thee, as the wine
            我的起居和梦寐里,都有你的份。
            Must taste of its own grapes. And when I sue
            当我向上帝祈祷,为着我自个儿
            God for myself, He hears the name of thine,
            他却听到了一个名字、那是你的;
            And sees within my eyes the tears of two.
            又在我眼里,看见有两个人的眼泪。


            7楼2015-07-20 19:57
            回复
              白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第七首
              The face of all the world is changed, I think,
              全世界的面目,我想,忽然改变了,
              Since first I heard of the footsteps of thy soul
              自从我第一次在心灵上听到你的步子
              Move still, oh, still, beside me, as they stole
              轻轻、轻轻,来到我身旁--穿过我和
              betwixt me and the dreadful outer brink
              死亡的边缘:那幽微的间隙。站在
              Of obvious death, where I, who thought to sink,
              那里的我,只道这一回该倒下了,
              Was caught up into love, and taught the whole
              却不料被爱救起,还教给一曲
              Of life in a new rhythm. The cup of dole
              生命的新歌。上帝赐我洗礼的
              God gave for baptism, I am fain to drink,
              那一杯苦酒,我甘愿饮下,赞美它
              And praise its sweetness, Sweet, with thee anear.
              甜蜜--甜蜜的,如果有你在我身旁。
              The names of a country, heaven, are changed away
              天国和人间,将因为你的存在
              For where thou art or shalt be, there or here;
              而更改模样;而这曲歌,这支笛,
              And this ... this lute and song ... loved yesterday
              昨日里给爱着,还让人感到亲切,
              ( The singing angels know ) are only dear
              那歌唱的天使知道,就因为
              Because thy name moves right in what they say.
              一声声都有你的名字在荡漾。


              8楼2015-07-21 20:20
              回复
                白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第八首
                你那样慷慨豪爽的施主呀,你把
                What can I give thee back, O liberal
                你心坎里金碧辉煌的宝藏、
                And Princely giver, who hast brought the gold
                原封地掏出来,只往我墙外推,
                And purple of thine heart, unstained, untold,
                任凭象我这样的人去拣起,还是
                And laid them on the outside of the wall
                把这罕见的舍施丢下;教我拿什么
                For such as I to take or leave withal, [1]
                来作为你应得的报答?请不要
                In unexpected largesse? am I cold,
                说我太冷漠、太寡恩,你那许多
                Ungrateful, that for these most manifold
                重重叠叠的深情厚意,我却
                High gifts, I render nothing back at all?
                没有一些儿回敬;不,并不是
                Not so; not cold, -- but very poor instead.
                冷漠无情,实在我太寒伧。你问
                Ask God who knows. For frequent tears have run
                上帝就明白。那连绵的泪雨冲尽了
                The colours from my life, and left so dead
                我生命的光彩,只剩一片死沉沉的
                And pale a stuff, it were not fitly done
                苍白,不配给你当偎依的枕头。
                To give the same as pillow to thy head.
                走吧!尽把它踏在脚下,作垫石。
                Go further! let it serve to trample on.


                9楼2015-07-21 20:21
                收起回复
                  白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第九首
                  我能不能有什么、就拿什么给你?
                  Can it be right to give what I can give?
                  该不该让你紧挨著我,承受
                  To let thee sit beneath the fall of tears
                  我簌簌的苦泪;听著那伤逝的青春,
                  As salt as mine, and hear the sighing years
                  在我的唇边重复著叹息,偶而
                  Re-sighing on my lips renunciative
                  浮起一丝微笑,哪怕你连劝带哄,
                  Through those infrequent smiles which fail to live
                  也随即在叹息里寂灭?啊,我但怕
                  For all thy adjurations? O my fears,
                  这并不应该!我俩是不相称的
                  That this can scarce be right! We are not peers
                  一对,哪能匹配作情侣?我承认,
                  So to be lovers; and I own, and grieve,
                  我也伤心,象我这样的施主
                  That givers of such gifts as mine are, must
                  只算得鄙吝。唉,可是我怎能够让
                  Be counted with the ungenerous. Out, alas!
                  我满身的尘土玷污了你的紫袍,
                  I will not soil thy purple with my dust,
                  叫我的毒气喷向你那威尼斯晶杯!
                  Nor breathe my poison on thy Venice-glass,
                  我什么爱也不给,因为什么都不该给。
                  Nor give thee any love -- which were unjust.
                  爱呀,让我只爱著你,就算数了吧!
                  Beloved, I only love thee! let it pass.


                  10楼2015-07-21 20:22
                  回复